FBB Board GC1 / GC2
Kotkamills’ new consumer board machine, BM2, has started production in Kotka, Finland in July 2016. A range of folding boxboards is produced under the brand name AEGLE and a range of food service boards under the brand name ISLA.
BM2 is the first machine in the world to have the capability to produce dispersion barrier coatings directly on the machine, producing barrier boards that can be recycled with normal paper waste due to having zero plastic content.
Kotkamills’ new AEGLE range of cartonboards represents the next generation of opportunities to support sustainable packaging solutions without compromising quality or the freedom to create unique designs.
AEGLE options are suitable for a wide range of end uses:
- for food and non-food;
- for ambient, chilled and frozen meals;
- for fast food, confectionery and pharmaceuticals;
- for premium packaging for cosmetics and luxury drinks.
AEGLE product range is desirable because:
- the high bulk and stiffness of the Kotkamills‘ board make packages stand out proudly in the retail stores;
- the printability of this Folding Boxboard is excellent due to the smooth coated surface and optical properties of the board.
AEGLE brand names and grammage:
- AEGLE Pro – GC2: 180, 190, 200, 210, 225, 235, 245, 260, 270, 290, 310, 340 g/m2
- AEGLE White – GC1: 200, 210, 220, 235, 245, 255, 270, 280, 305, 330, 355 g/m2
Kotkamills’ new ISLA range of food-service boards represents the next generation of opportunities to support sustainable packaging solutions and waste reduction. With modern, on-the-go lifestyles, consumer demand for coffee, food and drinks to-go continues to grow all over the world.
ISLA brand names and grammage:
- ISLA CB – uncoated cup board base
- ISLA PB – uncoated FSB (plate base)